Saturday, April 26, 2008

Washington DC Trip: Heading Home


Monday dawned, and it was time to leave our dear friend Tom and his east coast fun. Before dropping us off at the airport, we stopped by a local park to look for a geocache and some basketball courts. We couldn't find the geocache, but Ray and Tom found the basketball courts! They played some rousing one on one and had a blast!

The trip home was pretty uneventful. I highly recommend Washington DC to anyone. It's a great place with tons of educational, architectural, and entertaining things to do. It's even better when you have a tour guide named Tom Hanks. ;) Thanks for the good times, Tom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great synopsis of the trip. The funny thing is, I really agree with everything here; we really have the same tastes in things. Except that I'm not as big of a fan of Cracker Barrel as Ray is. I'm ready to go back...now.

Anonymous said...

I got my muffin this time, so Snacker Barrel is back on the approved list. Sure beat the heck out of McDonald's...

Bottom line - awesome trip that I'm recommending to everyone else (really blew away my expectations). You still have your couch up on couchsurfer.com, right? Good.