Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yardwork

The old pine tree in our backyard is gone! We had it taken down today. I'm wishing now that I had taken a picture of it before it got taken down. I don't have a "before" picture, but here's an "after" one:


The tree-looking pole in the background is a telephone pole. I plan on planting some lilac bushes in that area. I love lilacs!


I also thought it would be fun to post a picture of the red maple we planted last fall in the front yard. When it was planted, it was just a stick, but now our stick has leaves! Yeah :)



Someday, we'll look at that picture and (hopefully) have a hard time believing that the maple was once this small. Life is fun!

1 comment:

ladybugblue said...

Huzzah for lilacs! They're one of my faves... and when they get big enough you can hide in them! (uh - if you're a kid, I mean).