Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Successful Sewing Projects

I posted last year that Ray got me a sewing machine for my birthday. I haven't used it much, and wanted to take a sewing class before making some throw pillows for my newly-reupholstered couch.

I signed up for a Sewing 101 class at Joann's in December, but they didn't actually schedule my class until almost the end of January. In the class, we made a tote bag, which ended up being a lot more difficult than the throw pillows! I am so proud of how well the tote bag turned out, though!


After finishing the tote bag, the pillows were a breeze! I sewed up the three sides and stuffed them, and then took them to Ray's mom and she taught me how to blind stitch the last side. It was really easy, I can't believe no one has ever taught me before. I've learned so much!

The pillows don't actually go on this chair-and-a-half, they go on the dark green couch. They just showed up better here for a photo shoot :)

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love that bag! I think I am going to pick out some fabric and have you make me one.....if that is cool?

Becky said...

Sure, as long as it's before Henry the 8th arrives ;)
If you really want me to make you one, give me a call one of these days and I'll give you all of your "options".

ladybugblue said...

You are SO a rock star Becky!

I love the bag too! And pillows - hmmm, mine are getting frumpy...